Without water, life would not exist. Clean water is a prerequisite for all human and natural development.
Did You Know?
- At birth, water accounts for approximately 80% of an infants body weight?
- Our bodies are comprised of roughly 70% water?
- The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration?
- Mild dehydration can cause migraines and headaches?
- Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation?
- Drinking increased amounts of purified water can aid in relief of chronic joint and back pain?
- Muscle consists of 75% water?
- The brain consists of 90% water?
- Bone consists of 22% water?
- Blood consists of 83% water?
Effects of Unfiltered/Unpurified Drinking Water:
- Every 20 seconds a child dies from a water related illness.
- 3.6 million people die every year from water related illness
- The water and sanitation crisis claims more lives through disease than any war claims through guns.
- More than 23,000 different chemicals and substances are available for use in consumer goods and industrial processes in Canada. All of which have become a part of our atmosphere and water supplies.
- The U.S. General Accounting Office reports that there are serious deficiencies in water treatment plants in 75% of the states. More than 120 million people (about 50% of the population) may get unsafe water according to a study conducted by the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- U.S. Health Officials estimate 900,000 people each year become ill - and possibly 900 die - from waterborne disease. The General Accounting Office estimates 66% of Safe Drinking Water Act violations aren’t reported.
- Chlorine and chlorine by-products found in drinking water have been attributed to causing various types of cancer.
- Chlorine is used to combat microbial contamination, but it can react with organic matter in the water and form dangerous, carcinogenic Trihalomethanes. According to Dr. Joseph M. Price, MD, in Moseby's Medical Dictionary, "Chlorine is the greatest crippler and killer of modern times. It is an insidious poison".
- Several types of cancer can be attributed to the presence of toxic materials in drinking water.
- The majority of water related illness is caused by fecal matter in the water supply.